This is an informative post on Donald Trump’s first 11 days in office.
The source I use for the information on what the White House is doing comes directly from their website: White House.
It has been 11 days since Donald Trump took his place as the 45th President of the United States of America. In that time the face of America has been changed from 44. In those 11 days Trump has taken 19 Presidential actions which I will list below. I want to take a moment to define what each type of action is as you will see 3 different types below.
- Presidential Proclamation – This is an act to make state matters published or known and does not have the force of law until congress has authorized it with an act.
- Presidential Memorandum – An executive action issued by the President to manage and govern the actions, practices, and policies of departments under the executive branch.
- Executive Order – a rule or order issued by the president to an executive branch of the government and having the force of law.
- January 26, 2017: National School Choice Week 2017 Proclamation
- This proclamation is essentially laying the groundwork for parents, students, and teachers to be provided the ability to choose the school that they want to attend. Some of this exists depending on the school district a student is in with open enrollment.
- January 28, 2017: Organization of the National Security Council and the Homeland Security Council
- This restructured the NSC and HSC, one thing of note is that through this restructuring it put Steve Bannon, Trump’s chief strategist and former campaign manager into a permanent seat on the NSC. (There will be another post about this in the future that has some opinions and information on who Bannon is)
- January 28, 2017: Plan to Defeat the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
- This one is directing Trump’s administration to develop a plan to defeat ISIS
- January 27, 2017: Rebuilding the U.S. Armed Forces
- A Memorandum directing for a budget to be created, a readiness study to be conducted, nuclear posture review, ballistic missile defense review, and to rebuild U.S. Armed Forces.
- January 24, 2017: Streamlining Permitting and Reducing Regulatory Burdens for Domestic Manufacturing
- Pushes for streamlining of regulations for manufacturing.
- January 24, 2017: Construction of American Pipelines
- Pushing for all the iron & steel used for pipelines in the United States to be crafted in the United States.
- January 24, 2017: Construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline
- January 24, 2017: Construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline
- January 23, 2017: Regarding Hiring Freeze
- Caused a hiring freeze of all federal positions except for military, this freeze does effect civilian’s trying to get positions with the military.
- January 23, 2017: Withdrawal of the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership Negotiations and Agreement
- January 23, 2017: The Mexico City Policy
- Removes Obama Memorandum on population planning, reinstates a Bush one and expands on the Memorandum.
- January 20, 2017: Regulatory Freeze Pending Review
- Requesting that timelines for passing of regulations be pushed back to allow for the new administration to review them.
Executive Orders (7):
- January 30, 2017: Reducing Regulation and Controlling Regulatory Costs
- Essentially a budgeting executive order.
- January 28, 2017: Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Appointees
- Setting up a commitment within contracts to not work within lobbying for a minimum of 5 years after leaving their position in the Executive Branch.
- January 27, 2017: Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States
- Suspension of the Refugee program for 120 days, ban for immigrants from 7 majority Muslim nations (Not directly listed in this executive order, however a hold over document from Obama talks about “Countries of Particular Concern”). (Interesting follow-up to this and I cannot confirm if it is fact that there has been some leniency about the immigration band if they are Christian instead of Muslim, further research to be done on this. If it turns out to be true then this was targeting 1 religion in particular and would go against what the United States, historically, has stood for)
- January 25, 2017: Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements
- The main point of this is the infamous wall.
- January 25, 2017: Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States
- Enforcement of Immigration Laws
- Penalties for Sanctuary Jurisdictions
- Allow for up to 10,000 immigration officers to be hired (I wonder if his hiring freeze memorandum would have overruled this…)
- January 25, 2017: Expediting Environmental Reviews and Approvals for High Priority Infrastructure Projects
- Meant to streamline approval process to accelerate infrastructure projects.
- January 20, 2017: Minimizing the Economic Burden of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Pending Repeal
- Lays out that it is an administration policy to repeal the Affordable Care Act
- “Sec. 2. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Secretary of Health and Human Services (Secretary) and the heads of all other executive departments and agencies (agencies) with authorities and responsibilities under the Act shall exercise all authority and discretion available to them to waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement of the Act that would impose a fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications.”
This is the first 11 days of Executive actions taken by the President, I have provided all of the links to the documents if there is one you would like to read up on further. I will try to have 1 post a week that will be of Executive and Legislative actions at a Federal level. Executive branch I will carry this format, the Legislative branch writings will highlight different bills.
I will always provide links to the documents for you to read on your own.
This is how Underground Network works, we find the source of what the news agencies are twisting and provide the information in a raw format.
Remember to stay strong, stay united, don’t lose faith, continue to resist. We are what makes America great, we will get through all of this, together.